Get an 8’ blade, a 10’ blade, an 8’10” scoop/pusher blade or a windrowing machine all at the touch of a button. The WESTERN® WIDE-OUT™ adjustable-wing snow plow hydraulically transforms to move more snow, no matter what the condition. Up to 30% more. It’s the ultimate in CONTRACTOR GRADE® performance.
Expandable Moldboard – The 12-gauge steel moldboard is 29” high, and with independently controlled wings, the WIDE-OUT™ extends from 8’ to 10’ wide. With both wings angled forward, you get the carrying capacity of an 8’ 10” scoop.
The ½” thick x 6” high carbon steel cutting edge is standard, and the durable 1½” x 8” polyurethane wing-cutting edges reduce wear and protect the blade. These cutting edges can effectively “trip” in any position, including scoop.
Four Plows in One – Maximize snow plowing efficiency at the touch of a button.
- The 8’ retracted position is perfect for transport and for narrow access areas, such as drive-through lanes or tight windrowing areas.
- The 10’ expanded-width position gives you 25% more blade surface so you can take wider passes in larger, wide-open spaces.
- For unmatched windrowing productivity, angle the leading wing forward, with the trailing wing extended, and you can use the full blade without spillover. Unparalleled windrowing efficiency, with no spillover on passes, reduces cleanup time.
- For the ultimate in snow-carrying capacity, angle both wings forward for an 8’ 10” scoop.
- The WIDE-OUT™ can fully angle in the scoop position to effectively carry snow around corners, and maneuver in congested parking lots, something V-plows cannot do.
Six vertical ribs and a dual power bar design provide exceptional torsional strength. The wings slide laterally across a structurally reinforced slide box, which further enhances blade strength, so there’s no blade twisting or bending, even under the heaviest loads. Four heavy-duty coil springs help protect your plow and truck by allowing the blade to trip forward when striking an obstacle. The heavy-duty polyurethane cutting edges on the wings also protect the blade, allowing it to trip in any position.
Advanced snow plow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections. Under-hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements. No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
Western Products manufactures our own hydraulic components to assure the highest quality and reliability standards are met. You get a hydraulics system that’s not only fast and responsive for snow plowing efficiency, but that’s built to last season after season.
The ULTRAFINISH™ baked-on powder coat provides outstanding protection against wear and rust.
- Eight-wheel shot blaster pre-treatment removes mill scale and abrades surfaces for optimum adhesion
- Multi-stage pre-wash provides superior surface preparation
- Epoxy primer is applied to improve corrosion resistance and enhance powder coat adhesion
- Robotic guns deliver precise, consistent powder coat coverage
- Final baking process provides a long-lasting hard-as-nails WESTERN red, that’s become synonymous with quality
Chain Lift System
- With the chain lift system, you get instantaneous “float” when lowering the blade. Unrestricted, the blade can freely follow the contours of the plowing surface for a cleaner scrape.
- With the chain lift you can stack higher because you’re not limited by the hydraulic ram stroke, unlike cylinder lift systems, which can only pull the snow plow up as far as the limits of the cylinder’s range.
- In the rare event of a hydraulic failure, you can push the snow plow up into a snow bank and “short chain” the snow plow by attaching it to the specially designed bracket and safely transport the snow plow back to the shop.
UltraMount® 2 Snowplow Mounting System – An enhanced version of the popular UltraMount® mounting system
- Fast and easy – no tools required!
- Extra wide receiver brackets for easy drive-in alignment
- New one-piece lift frame design for added strength and durability
- Simple mechanical connecting hook
- Rotating pivot bar keeps attaching points level
- Blade pivots while plowing for a cleaner scrape
- Chain lift system for higher stacking and safe emergency transport
- Removable receiver brackets for off-season ground clearance
Have questions about which Western Snowplow is best for you?