Powder Coated Steel or Ploy Moldboard – Available in powder coated steel or high-density polyethylene, the MVP PLUS is available in 7½’, 8½’ and 9½’ widths. The slick surface of the maintenance-free poly blade provides superior snow-rolling action for snow plowing efficiency. The high carbon steel cutting edge is standard for extra long wear.
Reinforced V-Plow Blade Structure
- Eight vertical ribs and the exclusive POWER BAR provide exceptional torsional strength and rigidity.
- The mounting structure is built on a high-strength tubular T-Frame design that provides the optimum strength to the entire blade assembly.
- The pitch adjustment feature lets you adjust the blade pitch for more even cutting edge wear and longer cutting edge life, a feature not found on many competitive V-plows. Longer cutting edge life equals less money spent on replacement edges and parts.
Each wing features a trip edge – essential for protecting your plow and truck from jarring damage when striking a hidden obstacle, especially in vee or scoop mode. The trip edge allows the blade to trip in ANY configuration. Only the lower edge trips back, so you can keep on plowing without losing your load of snow. And the heavy-duty coil compression springs assure durable and reliable performance.
Advanced snow plow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections. Under-hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements. No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
UltraLock double-acting cylinders hold the wings firmly in place, for clean, efficient back dragging. A standard feature on the MVP Plus, double-acting cylinders allow the operator to use the V-plow in straight blade mode, by locking the wings together versus toggling each wing independently.
Western Products manufactures our own hydraulic components to assure the highest quality and reliability standards are met. You get a hydraulics system that’s not only fast and responsive for snow plowing efficiency, but that’s built to last season after season.
CabCommand hand-held control provides efficient, precise and intuitive blade control while plowing.
- Power “on” and “float” LED
- Backlit for night operation
- Coil cord for easy mobility
The ULTRAFINISH™ baked-on powder coat provides outstanding protection against wear and rust.
- Eight-wheel shot blaster pre-treatment removes mill scale and abrades surfaces for optimum adhesion
- Multi-stage pre-wash provides superior surface preparation
- Epoxy primer is applied to improve corrosion resistance and enhance powder coat adhesion
- Robotic guns deliver precise, consistent powder coat coverage
- Final baking process provides a long-lasting hard-as-nails WESTERN red, that’s become synonymous with quality
Chain Lift System
- With the chain lift system, you get instantaneous “float” when lowering the blade. Unrestricted, the blade can freely follow the contours of the plowing surface for a cleaner scrape.
- With the chain lift you can stack higher because you’re not limited by the hydraulic ram stroke, unlike cylinder lift systems, which can only pull the snow plow up as far as the limits of the cylinder’s range.
- In the rare event of a hydraulic failure, you can push the snow plow up into a snow bank and “short chain” the snow plow by attaching it to the specially designed bracket and safely transport the snow plow back to the shop.
UltraMount® 2 Snowplow Mounting System
An enhanced version of the popular UltraMount® mounting system
- Fast and easy – no tools required!
- Extra wide receiver brackets for easy drive-in alignment
- New one-piece lift frame design for added strength and durability
- Simple mechanical connecting hook
- Rotating pivot bar keeps attaching points level
- Blade pivots while plowing for a cleaner scrape
- Chain lift system for higher stacking and safe emergency transport
- Removable receiver brackets for off-season ground clearance
Have questions about which Western Snowplow is best for you?