Here’s to matching the equipment to the job! With the largest blade available from WESTERN®, the 10’ wide HEAVYWEIGHT snow plow is made for trucks in the 14,000-27,000 GVW range. You can count on these plows for light municipal plowing applications like local streets, parks, county roads, parking lots and more.
Designed to stand up to the stress and strain of light municipal snow plowing, the powder coated steel blade is 33” tall and 10’ wide. Six vertical ribs provide structural reinforcement. Adjustable cast iron disc shoes and a ½” x 6” AASHO punched carbon steel cutting edge are standard.
Six heavy-duty coil springs help protect your plow and truck when striking an obstacle, and two shock absorbers helps soften the blade return when tripping occurs.
The HEAVYWEIGHT snow plow comes standard with a set of wheels to help maneuver the blade when attaching it to your truck or removing it from the vehicle.
Advanced snow plow light and electrical system features solid electrical pins in the harness plugs for trouble free connections. Under-hood module improves system life and complies with OEM requirements. No toggle switch needed to change from vehicle to plow lights.
Western Products manufactures our own hydraulic components to assure the highest quality and reliability standards are met. You get a hydraulics system that’s not only fast and responsive for snow plowing efficiency, but that’s built to last season after season.
Choose between the CabCommand hand-held control option, or the joystick control for efficient, precise and intuitive blade control while plowing.
CabCommand Control Option
- Power “on” and “float” LED
- Backlit for night operation
- Coil cord for easy mobility
Joystick Control Option
- Compact to fit anywhere
- On/off indicator light
- Plug-in connecter for easy removal
The ULTRAFINISH™ baked-on powder coat provides outstanding protection against wear and rust.
- Eight-wheel shot blaster pre-treatment removes mill scale and abrades surfaces for optimum adhesion
- Multi-stage pre-wash provides superior surface preparation
- Epoxy primer is applied to improve corrosion resistance and enhance powder coat adhesion
- Robotic guns deliver precise, consistent powder coat coverage
- Final baking process provides a long-lasting hard-as-nails WESTERN red, that’s become synonymous with quality
Chain Lift System
- With the chain lift system, you get instantaneous “float” when lowering the blade. Unrestricted, the blade can freely follow the contours of the plowing surface for a cleaner scrape.
- With the chain lift you can stack higher because you’re not limited by the hydraulic ram stroke, unlike cylinder lift systems, which can only pull the snow plow up as far as the limits of the cylinder’s range.
- In the rare event of a hydraulic failure, you can push the snow plow up into a snow bank and “short chain” the snow plow by attaching it to the specially designed bracket and safely transport the snow plow back to the shop.
Have questions about which Western Snowplow is best for you?